That being said, I am less than productive at work today. I'd rather be Xmas shopping. Or knitting, or doing anything other than figuring out last minute details and such for our conference which is ten days away.
Speaking of shopping, the U.T.E.R.U.S. brigade is at it again. Long story short, bloggers can do more than just blog. In this case, we can unite and put our talents and pennies together to help a family that could really use some help right now.
- Donate an item to the eBay auctions or bid on an item yourself.
- Donate an item to the etsy store (I heart etsy) or buy one yourself.
- Sell ad space on your blog and donate the ad revenue to U.T.E.R.U.S.
- Donate a skill--web design, etc--or run a garage sale at home (and then donate the money)
- Do this really cool thing that Lori found and donate the money you make from it.
- Tell people about U.T.E.R.U.S. and ask them to get involved too.
When we last left off, we had $837.12 in hand. And then an anonymous donor issued a challenge. She will match bloggers dollar for dollar over any amount made through the eBay auction, the etsy site, or direct donations. In other words, if you donate some pottery to the etsy store and it sells for $40, it actually sold for $80 because this person is matching you dollar for dollar.If I had time, I would totally steal the buttons that Calliope created and stick them here so you had more of a visual enticement. For now, I'd better get back to work.
After I browse the U.T.E.R.U.S. Etsy shop....