- banking fertility
- lettuce wraps and cheeseless pizzas = I am the bomb
- job interviews = or perhaps I'm not
- Japan and loss and needing a narrative to pull oneself through catastrophe = this makes sense to me
- the horror in knowing that my government doesn't think I have enough brains in my pretty little head to be entrusted with my own health care decisions = this makes no sense to me.
- A horrific local tragedy, an outpouring of support from around the world and why it drives M to the brink when we read/hear/watch the latest piece of the story when its on the news/paper/radio every.fucking.day. (I'm getting riled just thinking about this right now, which probably points to me as horrible person but I have my reasons. I'll get into it later)
- new babies, healing hips, hopeful surgeons and generally decent news on the family front
I enjoyed the sunshine today. Which tells me that at least I have come a little way from where I was mentally this time last year.
And holy hell I forgot that tomorrow is my remission anniversary until right now this minute.
23 years, bitches.
and by bitches I mean those rotten little mutated cells that decided to wreak havoc on my body and now want to have a go at my dad.
Fuck you, cancer. Still standing.
These gorgeous beauties finally arrived by mail this week. I finally had a chance to stomp around in them today. Do you love them? I love them.
I sang this song and did my dance as we took my in-laws' poodles for a walk this evening and three people and three dogs stopped and looked at me as if I'd gone mad.
But look, I swear to g*ddess, I didn't make it up. See: