When all of this went down, I was contemplating dropping out of IComLeavWe this month. Granted, it wasn't the first thing on my mind, but it was there.
How can I read about everyone else's lives when mine feels like it's falling apart? How can I share joy? Offer comfort? Commiserate? Laugh, even? Those were my thoughts from what feels like ages ago.
Today, on this sunny, brisk morning, I am thinking that I can. Not only that I can, but I should. And that it will feel good.
This morning, armed with my cup of (decaf) coffee, I am so ready to crack open my computer and visit some worlds that aren't mine right now. Look out, ladies. I'ma comin' over!
And I am not stopping there. After I get my bloggy fill, I have big plans for today which include:
- getting dressed (look out, world)
- watering my plants
- addressing and sending the remaining announcements and Xmas cards
- making soup (and maybe some cookies)
- calling our RE to see when we can come over, talk, hug, check out some donor profiles
- cracking open my work email (if only to peek. L, don't get mad. I won't do anything useful)
- doing more research on possible avenues that might lead me to my birth parents (dear readers - comments and suggestions are welcome)
- prepping some walls I plan to paint (because, well, I have all these cans of no VOC paint)
- maybe, just maybe, going to the gym
- finishing The Big Year and then,
- taking a walk to the library
So, did this post really devolve into a mundane "how I plan to spend my day?" Yes, sorry. I'm afraid it did. But for those of you who know me in real life, this should bring a smile to your face. Because is there anything that signals a return to (semi-)normalcy than my anal-retentive lists?
I'm glad to see a list; that's the only way I manage to get anything done! Take it slow, though, and be gentle with yourself.
You know I love you, but... do you need to shower? LOL :) SO happy to see your big list of things to do! Lemme know when you're headed to the library - I might be able to sneak out for a few!
I've been sharing your blog with my Momma. I hope you don't mind. :) It's brought up many interesting conversations...
Stay warm! It's friggin' COLD out!
Sounds like you have a full day ahead of you.
I like your list of things to do...so small, some big. I need to work on a list. I hope you have some luck with #9.
I am someone who finds comfort in lists - even though I can drive my poor husband nuts with my lists - so I am happy to se you are making lists! I also just wanted to say that your motion, your hope, your determination is truly awesome.
Post a Comment